Music Choices


I’ve definitely had a chance to listen to a little more music over the last couple of weeks – often streaming in the background while working. I especially paid more attention to my streaming usage after I looked at my bank account and noticed that Sirius renewed my membership at the low, low price of $336.37. What???!!! Some changes will need to be made.

Typically I find myself listening to more mellow music while working. Sirius has a station called “the Coffee House” which has a good selection. However, I’m an 80’s person and when it’s time to clean house or exercise, let’s hear it for Big Hair – Poison, Def Leppard, Heart are a few favorites. HOWEVER, I have no idea what has come over me, but in the last week I’ve started listening to country. I hate country music. What is happening? Am I slowly going crazy with all this isolation?

So, there I was last Saturday morning cleaning the bathroom while blasting artists like Dolly Parton, Randy Travis, Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline. I guess I was having an old time country listening craving. Secret be told, I love Dolly Parton (she’s my long time country exception). What an amazing woman Dolly is. From Porter Wagoner sidekick to country music icon and tycoon, Dolly is truly amazing. If you ever have the time, check out the podcast, Dolly Parton’s America. It’s a fantastic listen. 

I spent a little time thinking about why I suddenly started “liking” country music. I finally concluded that I think it’s the many great stories. Especially during this time, the stories call me back to the core basics of life I’m missing. I used to roll my eyes when I heard another country song wailing away about drinking beers down by the ole crick. Not so much anymore. Right now, I’d love to meet a group of you for happy hour and talk about meaningless things. I guess this time kind of helps reset priorities.

So, here’s wishing all of you some good music listening time, whatever that “good” is for you. I’d love to hear about your choices/recommendations. Meanwhile, save yourself the Sirius premium and check out the free Dolly station on Pandora.

Stay safe and healthy,
Don Plank


Comments

  1. Don....during this time, I called Sirius and asked about ending my service and getting a refund. They basically kept me but cut the price in half. Now to focus on my cable and wireless accounts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Helpful websites - UPDATED AS WE RECEIVE MORE

Careful What You Wish For - Guest blog post

Staying Connected...Virtually